Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1 hr 59 min!

This last weekend Brent and I went to St. Louis for the weekend. Brent and his brother-in-law ran in the Louis & Clark half marathon in St Charles. We had a great time spending time with the Magueja family and supporting Brent and Filipe in their run. On Saturday, we watched the kids while Cherie and Filipe went to a wedding. Sam wanted Brent to play football with him and it's hard to say no to such a cute face! Brent taught him how to throw, catch, take a hand off and snap the ball from the center position. My favorite was when he taught Sam a touchdown dance! He had him pretend the ball was a grenade and had him pull the pin with his mouth and throw it in the air. When the ball hit the ground, they would jump back and fall over! It was so cute watching them play together. Sam loved every minute playing with Uncle Brent.








This is Simone with her guinea pig Penny!

Sunday morning, Brent and Filipe woke up at 5:00am to get to the starting line by 6:00am to miss all the traffic. The race started at 7:15. I planned to meet them at the 5 mile marker. I saw Brent first and Filipe came soon after. Filipe snuck up on me so I was unable to get his picture. He was so into the race (or his music) that he didn't see me or hear me cheering! Don't look to closely at this picture, your eyes will be blinded by the sun reflecting off of Brent's white thighs!

I met the rest of the family at the finish line. Sam and Simone made a sign for daddy and Uncle Brent.

Here is Brent coming to the finish! He looked great after 13.1 miles! He finished the half marathon in 1 hr and 59 minutes. That does not include one potty break in the bushes along the way!!! So proud of him.

This guy juggled the entire race. At least he was every time I saw him. He was a real crowd pleaser!

After the race, the runners could go into a food tent and get some food and drinks. Brent ate 2 bananas, 2 orange slices, 3 small bagels, an ice cream bar, a granola bar & a cookie! When he found us in the crowd, he was eating the ice cream bar and had a bad of chips and a granola bar in his hand. He was starving! Each runner also got a medal for running the race.



Here we are waiting for Brent and Filipe to finish up eating and gathering up their stuff before heading home.



The runners! So proud of you guys. You both did awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Laurie! It's so nice to keep in touch with people this way and sure makes me feel like I'm at "home". Way to go Brent on the 1/2 marathon!! Jason and I are setting a goal of doing a 5K next year, but a 1/2 marathon seems like too much of a stretch for me right now. Looks like you guys are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete