Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Saturday Project!

Lately I have been realizing that my jewelry is a little out of control on my dresser. My earrings are everywhere and they get tangled and its just a mess! I got a little box at a garage sale to help organize my jewelry but my earrings got lost in there with everything else so I had to come up with another plan.



So I got online the other day and googled earring displays and I found one that was really cute and easy. I decided it was going to be my Saturday project. I got a 8 x 10 frame from Wal-mart and some hanging wire, a total of $6. We borrowed a friends staple gun and I was ready to go. I did make the mistake of asking Brent if he knew how to use a staple gun! He was not happy!!



I started by taking off the back of the frame and removing the glass. Then I measured the wire the width of the frame and folded it over 3 times and twisted it then stapled it to the frame. I did this 4 times! It turned out great. The girl on the website painted her frame white but I just decided that if I wanted to decorate it, I could later. Im really happy with how it turned out. It was so easy and so cheap! Now my earrings have a home and my dresser looks a little better. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my watches!!



Here is the website if you are interested in making one! http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/our-home/tutorial-shabby-chic-dangly-earring-display.html

2 comments:

  1. Dude! Are you getting crafty on me or what? Lol! Looks cute...and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest idea ever! I love it!

    ReplyDelete